Skip to main content

I Found Her - Ep. 2


I got down the train. I searched the platform in the hope to see Jahnavi once more, but I couldn’t find her anywhere. With a heavy heart, I turned started walking through the Exit towards the bus stop. Just as I reached the bus stop, my cell phone beeped. It was Jahnavi.
“I still don't know your name... 
I scared a lady standing beside me by laughing out loud quite suddenly. I replied, "And how do you know my number?"
Bang on came the reply, "I took it when you went to wash up. "
I had a stupid smile playing on my face. I couldn’t stop feeling happy. I told her my name and we continued chatting. We had talked so much on the train but somehow I could not remember any of it. The only thing I could remember was how graceful her eyes looked. The way she moved her bangs from her forehead once in a while, putting it behind her ears.
I asked her if she remembered what we had been talking about in the train, but even she could not tell any of it. I smiled. I came to know that she lived near Ameerpet. And that her parents gave her enough freedom to go around with her friends.
When I heard that my heart shuddered a bit, I was afraid that she might already have a boyfriend and that I had just imagined the love in her eyes yesterday night. Else how could a girl with so much freedom not have a boyfriend?
But when she denied having a boyfriend, I asked her why without a second thought. And the reply she gave, I read it many number of times. She said, “I did not believe in love until now.”
We stopped talking after that as we had reached our respective homes. I got freshened up and when I checked the mobile while having breakfast, it already had 3 messages from her. And so, the day went on with both of us chatting all through the day. Our conversation did not contain much of important stuff. But we had not said “what else” even once in the whole day.
The next evening I decided to go shopping for clothes and stuff. But most of my friends were busy or taken up some way or the other. And at last, with no hope at all, I asked Jahnavi to accompany me. And my joy knew no bounds when she agreed.
So, that evening, at 6 PM, there I was, waiting for her outside GVK One. When I saw her getting down from the auto, I was speechless. She was wearing a light blue colored Anarkali suit. With matching earrings and a small bindhi, she looked like a model right out of fashion shows. Or a queen right out of the pages of history. I had eyes for her and only her.
She came to me and just smiled. Oh! That was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen till then. If it was possible, I would have stayed standing like that and bask in the sunshine of that smile for all my life happily.
“You are so beautiful!” the words came out of my mouth involuntarily. She blushed and her rosy cheeks with their dimples made her look even more so.
When I didn’t make a move, she grasped my hand and pulled me into the mall. We roamed through the mall going through shops selecting and rejecting. Some shirts that I liked she didn’t even consider and some of them that she showed were not to my liking. But there were many that we both felt nice. After shopping for an hour or so, neither of us wanted to go home yet.
So we decided that we will have dinner together and then decide. We went into Pizza Hut and ordered a Tandoor Paneer Pizza and a Tangy Ride Pizza with Mojitos. After a hearty dinner that both enjoyed we still hesitated to go home. Instead, she called up her parents and told them that she was going for a movie. As my parents did not have any problem with me coming home late, I did not need to call.
We went for a second show movie and the romance in the movie just made us feel even more romantic. It was 12 in the night when I dropped her off near her place on my bike. It was a lovely ride and I knew that I would be remembering this night all through the life.
By the time, I reached home half an hour later, I was on the ninth cloud. I changed and lied down on the bed. I made to ping Jahnavi, but the moment I touched my cell, I got a message from her.
“I m missng u alrdy, sweetheart… Gnyt… 

Comments

Anonymous said…
bro, i still wonder how u can jus imagine such things!!! they are so real !! even after knowing its not &&&& i am getting krazzy about the story!!! the chemistry and bonding is awesome!!
Anonymous said…
i'd bet every one will be crazy if it gets published weekly in any magazine or paper!! think about it!! !
Thank you, Deepak.. But I don't think anyone would be publishing this in any magazine...
:D
Unknown said…
bro i just started loving ur story it is really awesme....:)
raviteja_ravi84 said…
Nice story man... Without what else it's hard to imagine but still!!! WHen is the third part and write it in a book rather than a blog man please!!!
Anonymous said…
awesome...........superbbbbbbbbb...........:) :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ravings of a Frustrated Student...

"Mummy, mummy, may I go for Cricket???" These were the words uttered by Ravi, the only son in an Indian Middle Class Family, a tenth class student. His Mom replied, "What? Again Cricket!!! You were playing cricket the whole of morning. Even yesterday, you played the whole day. Isn't that enough???" As if all the elements were against him today, his Dad enters the room at the same time. He looks at Ravi and says, "Look, son! Your 10th class is a most important milestone in your life. If you clear your 10th with flying colors, your life is as good as settled. So just work hard for these exams and after the exams you can enjoy as much as you want!!" On hearing his father explaining to him in such comforting and soothing words, Ravi feels the importance of his studies and studies hard for his 10th... To his credit, he clears his 10th with such a high score that he can be counted among the best students in his school. I am sure, most of us have gone

I Found Her!!!

Late… Again late… Man, this had become a habit with me… If my dad knew that I was reaching the Station exactly about 5 mins before scheduled departure, he would give me a piece of his mind for sure. I checked the platform number and ran into the station huffing like a bull. Finding S8, I jumped onto the stairs and pushed through the people, waving away at their families, searching for my seat. A small wave of relief swept through me when I sat down in the window seat allocated to me. Of all the berths in the train, I always liked and preferred the Side Lower Berth as it gave me a kind of freedom. Noticing that the seat before me was empty, I wondered who could be sitting with me through this journey and how they might be. Train journeys always gave me a new experience as I got to meet new people. Sometimes, I tend to ignore everyone if I don’t like them much. But today, I didn’t have a novel and I had lost my earphones recently. Thus, I had no other way to pass my time except

Women – Divine yet Demeaned!!!

Women have to play many roles. And each of these roles interact with men in different ways. When she is born, she plays the role of a daughter. A cute little babe, who brings light to the household and more often than not, luck to the father. Growing up she becomes the girl who is expected to excel in studies to become an independent woman while at home she is expected to learn making a home and help her mother. Once she has grown into a maiden, she has to deal with so many guys trying to vie for her. And if she falls in love with someone, then comes the dilemma and the tensions about the colony resident’s words, family’s feelings and the confusions of love and infatuation. Once she takes on the mantle of a wife and then a mother. Balancing between both these roles itself is a big management issue and over that if she is a working women, then the complications increase exponentially. (I think women don’t need to be trained in management, they can be given MBA degrees f