Skip to main content

I Found Her - Ep. 3


My cell buzzed at 7 AM. I woke up and read the first message of the day from Jahnavi. Since then till 7 PM I didn’t stop chatting with her. And then, I had to stop because my 200 messages were completed. We could not meet after that beautiful day for few days. She was busy with her relatives and I myself had to go around the city meeting all my friends and sisters. But we kept in touch via messages and calls all the time.
But three days later I got a call from IBM asking me to come to office on Monday without fail. I had not planned for this and so there were no reservations on train. I decided to go by bus. When I told her this, she said that even she needed to go to Bangalore for one last time to get her things from her relatives place. We decided to take the trip together as we already knew each other a bit.
So, on Sunday night, I waited near Mehdipatnam for the bus that would take us both to Bangalore. As the bus journey culminated from Ameerpet, she would be one of the first to board it. According to the ticket issued to me, I had been allocated the seat number 6, a window seat. And hers was 7! I knew that 7 was my lucky number but I didn't think it was this lucky for me.
But when I boarded the bus, I saw her sitting beside the window. We playfully fought for a while, but then I had to bow to her and sit down at 7 instead as the people behind me were threatening to throw me off the bus if I didn't sit and stop blocking the aisle.
The first things I noticed after settling down was that the seats in front of us were occupied by a recently married couple and according to the way they conversed and behaved, I could deduce that theirs was a love marriage. When I told Jahnavi about my observations, she blushed and slapped my hand. When I asked her the reason, she pinched my cheeks and sweetly asked me to shut up.
And that’s when I first came to understand that just loving a girl isn’t enough to understand her and that I will have to work towards understanding her as much as winning her. I pride myself as being a person who can read other’s very well. I have shocked many of my friends with my predictions and observations. This girl was no exception. Instead, she was like a really big novel. The more I read, the more I wanted to read.
Once the journey started, the bus conductor played a movie and she had to change seats so she could watch the movie unhindered. Being taller by even two inches does make a difference when you want to watch a movie over the heads of someone sitting in front of you.
It was 12.30 AM by the time the movie concluded. And she said that she was feeling cold and drowsy. I pulled out a blanket from my bag and covered her with it. She thanked me and slept like a kid, with her head on my shoulders and her hands wrapped around my hand.
Her puckered lips were so inviting, it was hard for me to keep myself from kissing them. Instead I watched the breeze from the window play with her hair for a few minutes. Moving her hair away, I kissed her forehead and wishing her a good night, I leaned my head on hers and slept.
And thus, the journey to Bangalore felt shorter than it actually was. And much more beautiful.


Click here for Part 4!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
cool!!

Popular posts from this blog

Ravings of a Frustrated Student...

"Mummy, mummy, may I go for Cricket???" These were the words uttered by Ravi, the only son in an Indian Middle Class Family, a tenth class student. His Mom replied, "What? Again Cricket!!! You were playing cricket the whole of morning. Even yesterday, you played the whole day. Isn't that enough???" As if all the elements were against him today, his Dad enters the room at the same time. He looks at Ravi and says, "Look, son! Your 10th class is a most important milestone in your life. If you clear your 10th with flying colors, your life is as good as settled. So just work hard for these exams and after the exams you can enjoy as much as you want!!" On hearing his father explaining to him in such comforting and soothing words, Ravi feels the importance of his studies and studies hard for his 10th... To his credit, he clears his 10th with such a high score that he can be counted among the best students in his school. I am sure, most of us have gone

I Found Her!!!

Late… Again late… Man, this had become a habit with me… If my dad knew that I was reaching the Station exactly about 5 mins before scheduled departure, he would give me a piece of his mind for sure. I checked the platform number and ran into the station huffing like a bull. Finding S8, I jumped onto the stairs and pushed through the people, waving away at their families, searching for my seat. A small wave of relief swept through me when I sat down in the window seat allocated to me. Of all the berths in the train, I always liked and preferred the Side Lower Berth as it gave me a kind of freedom. Noticing that the seat before me was empty, I wondered who could be sitting with me through this journey and how they might be. Train journeys always gave me a new experience as I got to meet new people. Sometimes, I tend to ignore everyone if I don’t like them much. But today, I didn’t have a novel and I had lost my earphones recently. Thus, I had no other way to pass my time except

Women – Divine yet Demeaned!!!

Women have to play many roles. And each of these roles interact with men in different ways. When she is born, she plays the role of a daughter. A cute little babe, who brings light to the household and more often than not, luck to the father. Growing up she becomes the girl who is expected to excel in studies to become an independent woman while at home she is expected to learn making a home and help her mother. Once she has grown into a maiden, she has to deal with so many guys trying to vie for her. And if she falls in love with someone, then comes the dilemma and the tensions about the colony resident’s words, family’s feelings and the confusions of love and infatuation. Once she takes on the mantle of a wife and then a mother. Balancing between both these roles itself is a big management issue and over that if she is a working women, then the complications increase exponentially. (I think women don’t need to be trained in management, they can be given MBA degrees f