Skip to main content

I Found Her - Ep. 4


The early morning rays and a nice breeze with a tang of rain woke me up from a pleasant dream and a refreshing nap. When I turned my head, I saw a beautiful half-smile playing over the lips of Jahnavi. She had pulled up her legs and was crouching in her seat. With her chin thrust out and her face looking up at me, she looked just like an angel to me. Within moments I was in a state of déjà vu without understanding what it was.
When she opened her eyes, her hazel eyes just made me want to get lost in them. I could go on and on describing her beauty. If only I knew how to write poems, I would sing all the time about her. To my eyes, she looked like the most beautiful maiden on Earth. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her. I felt that I owned the world if only I owned her.
The moment was completely ruined by the coarse voice of the conductor announcing our arrival within 15 minutes. Man, give me a knife that time and I would surely have stabbed the guy through his heart!!!
Anyways, we stirred from our places, packed everything we had opened and got ready by the time our bus rolled into Majestic. We got down the bus and decided to meet the next day at the same place. We walked to the auto stand and I helped her into an auto. Oh, the desperate feeling I had when the auto pulled away cannot be compared to anything but being pierced with a needle. But the pain lessened when she leaned out of the auto to wave at me.
The whole day was a whirlwind of activity in the office, but I was going through the motions mechanically while I waited with bated breath for her every message. I never let my cell out of my hand and the whole day I was typing away. It never occurred to me that she might be busy nor did she ever stop replying.
As the day wore on, my colleagues got tired of my incessant typing. One of them wrested my mobile from my hands and all of them together kept it away from me no matter how much I pleaded. All my appeals, warnings and tantrums fell on deaf ears. By the time they returned it to me, there were nearly sixteen messages and three calls from her ranging from discontent to anger to sadness and crying.
I could not bear the bitterness in the words of her last message and called her to explain what had happened. That’s when I came to know how many swear words she knew. The way she scolded my colleagues and me, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. I felt happy that she cared so much for me and sad that I had made her go through this.
It took me more than one hour to calm her down and then she only cooled down because I promised to buy her a Cadbury® Silk the next day. After dealing with so many sisters and girls, I had understood that nothing works on a girl like an offer of chocolates. I went to my friend’s place and spent the night there.
The next day, my office colleagues had planned a farewell party in my honor and I could not talk to her much due to the festivities. But telling her beforehand did help to make things a bit cool. But all thanks to my naïveness, I was back in hot water again. When a few of my colleagues (including females) said that they would like to come and see me off, I happily agreed with them.
When I reached the pickup point, Jahnavi was already there. Her luggage was too much so her relatives had come to drop her. She introduced me to them as a friend and I put on my most impressive mantle and turned on my full charm on them. By the time they left (which was just 15 minutes later), they were pretty sure that I was a very good guy.
All this was well and good, but when my colleagues came things started getting too hot. After working together for six months, there was little restraint in the way we talked or behaved with each other. But I failed to notice the effect it had on Jahnavi. Though she was smiling and talking, I felt that something was wrong yet ignored most of it as it was the last time I would be spending with my colleagues.
I knew I had made a big mistake when we had settled down in the bus. Half an hour after the bus started she had still not said a word. I could not stand her silence and tried to talk to her. But she won’t speak. When coaxing her with the Silk also didn’t work, I started getting worried.
Only after we had stopped for dinner and I had ordered her favorite Butter Naan and Palak Paneer (my favorite too!!), did she speak. It was nothing short of a police interrogation except torture. All through dinner she asked me about each and every person who had come there. She patiently listened to my descriptions about each and every one of them asking specific questions about the girls.
By the time the bus started again we were in a heated argument about each and every action and reaction of mine with my colleagues. At that time, I wasn’t thinking straight, but later that night I felt happy that she was so possessive about me already.
The day ended with a big lecture from her about how I should behave with girls and how I should be treating her. But then she made it up for all that by sleeping with her head on my lap.
Oh, how I love her so much!!!!

Comments

Karthikdhanwada said…
kyaa baatha hei ... Very Well written
hari priya said…
superb brother..... continue continue ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Ravings of a Frustrated Student...

"Mummy, mummy, may I go for Cricket???" These were the words uttered by Ravi, the only son in an Indian Middle Class Family, a tenth class student. His Mom replied, "What? Again Cricket!!! You were playing cricket the whole of morning. Even yesterday, you played the whole day. Isn't that enough???" As if all the elements were against him today, his Dad enters the room at the same time. He looks at Ravi and says, "Look, son! Your 10th class is a most important milestone in your life. If you clear your 10th with flying colors, your life is as good as settled. So just work hard for these exams and after the exams you can enjoy as much as you want!!" On hearing his father explaining to him in such comforting and soothing words, Ravi feels the importance of his studies and studies hard for his 10th... To his credit, he clears his 10th with such a high score that he can be counted among the best students in his school. I am sure, most of us have gone

I Found Her!!!

Late… Again late… Man, this had become a habit with me… If my dad knew that I was reaching the Station exactly about 5 mins before scheduled departure, he would give me a piece of his mind for sure. I checked the platform number and ran into the station huffing like a bull. Finding S8, I jumped onto the stairs and pushed through the people, waving away at their families, searching for my seat. A small wave of relief swept through me when I sat down in the window seat allocated to me. Of all the berths in the train, I always liked and preferred the Side Lower Berth as it gave me a kind of freedom. Noticing that the seat before me was empty, I wondered who could be sitting with me through this journey and how they might be. Train journeys always gave me a new experience as I got to meet new people. Sometimes, I tend to ignore everyone if I don’t like them much. But today, I didn’t have a novel and I had lost my earphones recently. Thus, I had no other way to pass my time except

Women – Divine yet Demeaned!!!

Women have to play many roles. And each of these roles interact with men in different ways. When she is born, she plays the role of a daughter. A cute little babe, who brings light to the household and more often than not, luck to the father. Growing up she becomes the girl who is expected to excel in studies to become an independent woman while at home she is expected to learn making a home and help her mother. Once she has grown into a maiden, she has to deal with so many guys trying to vie for her. And if she falls in love with someone, then comes the dilemma and the tensions about the colony resident’s words, family’s feelings and the confusions of love and infatuation. Once she takes on the mantle of a wife and then a mother. Balancing between both these roles itself is a big management issue and over that if she is a working women, then the complications increase exponentially. (I think women don’t need to be trained in management, they can be given MBA degrees f